How We Can Help
Seating and Mobility Assessments – Our Assistive Technology Professional (ATP) and mobility consultants work with our patients, family, physicians, and therapists for a full assessment of seating, positioning and mobility needs.
Equipment Trials – Freedom Mobility Center may be able to provide complex rehabilitative power chairs for trial in your home and at the clinic to ensure the proper equipment for our customers.
Insurance Specialists – Our staff is experienced in Medicare, Medicaid, and other private insurance plans to work with you in obtaining authorization and funding for your medical equipment.
Delivery and Training – Freedom Mobility Center will deliver your mobility equipment to your home. We provide training to our customers and their caregivers on how to safely use and maintain the mobility device.
Service and Repair – Our highly trained technicians will keep your mobility device in a safe and proper working condition.
We offer services throughout North Carolina including Mooresville, Charlotte, Concord, Hickory, Raleigh, Asheville and surrounding areas.
Complex Rehab Technology and Power Wheelchairs in North Carolina
Freedom Mobility Center is the largest independent provider of complex rehab power wheelchairs servicing North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, West Virginia and Virginia. Freedom Mobility Center is dedicated to providing reliable medical equipment to our customers located in Mooresville and throughout our service area in North Carolina. We understand the importance of maintaining mobility and independence in the home and community. We work with physicians and therapists to assure that the proper mobility devices are provided. Whether it is a scooter, power wheelchair, manual wheelchair, or complex rehab technology that is recommended by your physician, we are able to service you.
We provide the following products and services in Mooresville and throughout the state of North Carolina:
Complex Rehab Power Wheelchairs
Our Complex Rehab Power Wheelchairs meet the unique needs of individuals living in Mooresville, North Carolina, with disabilities. Complex Rehab Power Wheelchairs aid users to participate in everyday life, to the fullest extent possible, and maintain the quality life they deserve.
Complex Rehab Power Wheelchairs have to be deemed medically necessary by your insurance. Your diagnosis and health conditions play a major role in determining what mobility equipment is best for you. People with the following conditions are examples of those who may benefit from the use of a Complex Rehab Power Wheelchair.
- Congenital disorders, such as spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, or cerebral palsy
- Progressive or degenerative neuromuscular diseases, such as ALS or multiple sclerosis
- Traumatic brain injuries as a result of an accident or spinal cord injury
- Neurological conditions such as paraplegia as a result of a stroke
There are 4 steps in obtaining the proper Power Wheelchair to meet your medical needs.
- The first step is to provide Freedom Mobility Center with your demographic information, such as contact information and insurance cards. Our insurance specialists use this to verify your benefits and make sure that any mobility equipment provided to you will be covered by your insurance.
- The second step is to schedule a face to face evaluation with your doctor and/or physical therapist. The evaluation will determine your mobility needs. One of our experienced Mobility Consultants and/or Assistive Technology Professionals will be by your side to help you through this and gather all the necessary medical documentation required by your insurance.
- The third step is for Freedom Mobility Center to compile a packet of all your medical documentation and submit it to your insurance company. Your insurance will review the documentation to determine if medical necessity has been met.
- The fourth and final step of this process is the ordering and delivery of your new equipment to your home. Our experienced rehab technicians will provide you thorough instructions on operating your new Complex Rehab Power Wheelchair or the mobility equipment that was requested by your doctor.
One of the many benefits of a Complex Rehab Power Wheelchair is the adjustability. Not only can a complex rehab chair be configured for maximum utility and comfort, but we can also modify and upgrade them to suit changing needs moving forward.
Possible adjustments include:
- The height, width, depth, and angle of the seat
- Custom seat and cushions for the back
- Headrests, side and hip supports, and other positioning items
- Powered recline and tilt functions
- Manual and power elevating foot platforms and leg rests
- Specialized joystick controls
- Alternative drive controls, such as sip-n-puff, foot control, and head control
Freedom Mobility Center offers a complete line of multiple manufacturers to assure that you are being provided the most efficient Complex Rehab Power Wheelchair for your needs.
Our product lines consist of:
- Sunrise Medical – Q700M, Q500M, and Quickie Pulse 6
- Permobil – M1 and M3
- Quantum Rehab – Q6 Edge 3.0, Q6 Edge HD, and 4Front
Power Wheelchairs for Beneficiaries Residing in Mooresville, NC
Power Wheelchairs help users live more safely and independently.
Benefits of Power Wheelchairs:
- Mobility – Use less energy to go further
- Independence – Help with moving from room to room while reducing the risk of falling
- Minimizing Pain – Pain associated with walking/standing can be reduced by a mobility device
- Can be Used Indoors – These wheelchairs tend to be very maneuverable, so they can be used indoors and in other tight spaces.
- Customization – Many of these chairs have a controller that can be programmed to customize standard settings, such as speed and torque.
Our product lines include:
- Golden Technologies – Golden Compass HD, Golden Compass Sport, and Golden Alanté Sport
- Pride Performance Mobility – Pride Jazzy Select 6, Pride Jazzy Elite HD, and Pride Jazzy Select Elite
Lightweight Manual Wheelchairs
We also provide lightweight manual wheelchairs, which are ideal for full-time use. They are designed to be as comfortable as possible while being light enough to remain very maneuverable and self-propelled.
You will find plenty of options regarding seating sizes and other features, which can be adjusted to suit your needs.
Other Mobility Devices
As well as complex rehab chairs, power wheelchairs, and lightweight manual wheelchairs, we also provide a variety of other mobility devices such as:
- Transport Chairs
- Vehicle Lifts
- Lift Chairs
Power Wheelchair Service and Repair in Mooresville, NC
Once you have been suited with your power chair or another mobility device, you can rely on us for hassle-free servicing and repairs. Most service repairs and maintenance needs will be covered by your insurance plan.
Service includes our promise to the following:
- Work around your schedule
- Perform servicing and repairs at your home
- Arrive on time
- Loan you a chair if we cannot repair yours in your home
You can call us for service and repairs, even if you did not buy the item from us.
Parts and services include, but are not limited to:
- Adjustable armrests
- Batteries and chargers
- Elevated leg rests
- Joysticks and power modules
- Motor replacement
- Oxygen tank holders
- Seating cushions
- Single fold aluminum ramps (3’ and 6’)
- Threshold ramps
- Tire assembly
- Vehicle lift installation
If you need a complex rehab chair, a power wheelchair, repairs, and servicing, or another mobility device, contact Freedom Mobility Center. Our highly trained staff members at our Mooresville location are looking forward to improving mobility for you or someone you know today. Call our North Carolina location at (704)-658-0817 or fill out our online contact form.